An invitation is being extended to submit artwork to be exhibited at the time of the 13th Asian & Oceanian Epilepsy Congress in June. Below you will find details of the exhibition and guidelines for submitting artwork. Submissions are invited from all regions of the world and in a variety of art forms including painting, needlework and sculpture. The deadline for submissions is 21st May.
Anyone, of any age, can take part, including people with epilepsy and their carers, doctors, nurses, social workers, etc.
Entries will be exhibited on the Art Exhibition Gallery as part of the virtual 13 AOEC with three artworks selected to feature at the IBE Epilepsy & Society Symposium taking place virtually on Sunday, 13 June 2021.
Any of the following art media are acceptable for the exhibition:
- Painting or drawing
- Beadwork, embroidery or needlework
- A contestant may submit up to a maximum of 3 pieces of art.
- Submission can be made using a scan or photo of the artwork. Scans or photos should be between 1MB – 3MB file
size or should be spread over multiple emails.The quality of scans or photos is the responsibility of the entrant.
- Each entry must be the original work of the contestant, have a title (in English) and also include a short description
of the artwork and its meaning (maximum 200 words).
- By submitting an entry to the art exhibition, the contestant agrees to grant IBE, free of charge, the right to publish
photographs of the artwork online, in other IBE media, or as part of an exhibition.
- All entries should be sent to before the closing date. No late entries
will be accepted.
- The entries will be judged by independent judging panel which will select the 3 pieces for presentation at the
IBE Epilepsy & Society Symposium, on 13th June 2021. The artists of these pieces will be invited to make a short
presentation via Zoom at the symposium. If you do not wish to be considered for the oral presentation, please
indicate this when submitting your piece of art.