DOWNLOAD THE CONGRESS APP NOW
Everything you need in one place! Search and Install the “Conf2Go” app from the App Store or Google play then enter “ECE 2018” to access all the features of the congress app. The 13th ECE App Features: • View the
CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS
The deadline for submission has now closed. The International Scientific and Organising Committee (ISOC) will meet in June 2017 to review all proposals and notifications will be sent to session proposers after this.
Epilepsy can get in the way of life, mostly when seizures keep happening. You can learn how to manage your epilepsy to feel better and have a more active and full life. Practice these self-management strategies to better control your seizures and your health. Self-management is what you do to take care of yourself.
- Know about your condition.
- Take your seizure medicines as prescribed.
- Check with your doctor before taking other medicines or supplements.
- Keep a record of your seizures and seizure triggers to track patterns and learn how to avoid seizure triggers.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Exercise regularly and safely each day.
- Follow a well-balanced diet and keep a healthy weight.
- Don’t use tobacco, drink alcohol excessively, or abuse other substances.
- Practice ways to lower stress.
- Keep in touch with friends and family for support.
- Talk to your doctor about health concerns.
- Keep other health conditions in check.
- Get help for emotional problems.
- Use memory strategies to help with memory problems.
How many of the self-management strategies listed above do you already use to manage your epilepsy?
- 0-3: You’re on your way!
- 3-5: Good job! Try to add a few more to your routine.
- 5-10: Excellent! Keep up the good work!
- 10 or more: You manage your epilepsy well!
Practicing self-management and still having seizures? Talk to your doctor about other treatment options.
*Modified from Self-Management Goal Sheets. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2014.