The deadline for submission of proposals for ECE Forums has been extended!
Extended Deadline: 5th October 2017
The International Organising and Scientific Committee (ISOC) is currently offering the opportunity to interested parties in the field of epileptology to submit proposals to contribute to the programme in the form of proposals for ECE Forums.
The ECE Forums, introduced at the 10th ECE in London (2012), have proven a successful, popular addition to the programme of sessions at the ECE, enabling a wider participation amongst ILAE members. ECE Forums are intended to be less formal than traditional sessions, and to have a workshop flavour and be more interactive.
All proposals received will be assessed by the Co-chairs of the ISOC.
If selected, the proposer will be given the tasks of organising the Forum, inviting the speakers and chairing the Forum.
The ECE Forum Proposal Form may be found here.
Please consider the following important points when preparing your suggestions:
- ECE Forums are intended to be less formal than traditional sessions, and to have a workshop flavour and be more interactive.
- The format is flexible –some could take the form of short presentations with discussions, some of short ‘data blitz’ presentations with discussion periods, some of video presentations, some could have no presentations at all but rather take the form of a workshop with a pre-defined agenda. Others could be introductions of research projects aiming at identifying collaborators for large scale networks.
- ECE Forums should, however, not take the formal format of the regular scientific sessions. The topics can be narrow or broad in scope; the choice of topic, format and speakers is left to the proposer of the session.
- Each ECE Forum is 90 minutes in duration and they are scheduled throughout the congress.
- Attendance at the Forums is open to all congress delegates.
- The proposer will be given the tasks of organizing the forum, inviting the speakers and chairing the forum.
- All proposals will be assessed by the Co-chairs of the International Scientific and Organising Committee. A limited number will be selected, and the criteria for selection will be innovation, interest to the congress audience and topic importance. Priority will be given to novel proposals rather than repeat and follow-up of topics addressed at previous ECEs. The committee will also attempt to balance the proposals to make an attractive overall programme.
- Meeting rooms and equipment will be provided; however, because of the budget constraints, it is unfortunately not possible to offer any financial support from the congress for guest speakers of the ECE Forums. Chairs will receive a free registration to the congress only.
- Please use the ECE Forum Proposal form when preparing your proposal.
- Extended deadline for submission of proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org: 5th October 2017
The submission of a proposal does not guarantee approval by the ISOC. All proposals will be given due consideration. Notification of the ISOC Co-chairs’ decision will be made following the review.