In order to encourage young researchers to participate in the 13th European Congress on Epileptology, bursaries will be awarded to a number of applicants who have submitted an abstract to the congress that stands out for its scientific quality.
Bursary awards assist awardees with costs in order to attend the congress, which may include registration, travel and accommodation.
The bursary application system is now closed.
Requirements and Conditions
- Applications for bursaries will only be accepted via the online abstract submission system for the 13th ECE.
- At the time of application, the applicant must be 45 years of age or under. A copy of the applicant’s passport must be included with the application to verify date of birth.
- The applicant must submit an abstract and receive a score higher than 3.5 out of 5.
- The applicant may not have received a bursary to participate in an ILAE/IBE congress over the past four years.
- The applicant must submit a short statement explaining why attendance at the ECE would be particularly relevant to his/her present appointment or activity in the field of epilepsy, making sure to indicate the reason he/she requires funding to attend the congress and why he/she feels the application should be considered.
- The applicant must declare if he/she has sourced any other funding to attend the ECE and disclose the nature of the funding.
- The applicant must submit a signed reference from a person supporting his/her application (e.g. local ILAE Chapter representative, Head of Department of hospital or institution, etc.).
Please contact the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com with any queries.