Due to its central location Vienna is easily reachable by plane, car or train.
The maximum direct flying time to/from any European capital city is under three hours.
Public Transport in Vienna
Vienna is a very compact city and public transportation is the best way to get around. The Viennese public transport network offers modern and efficient accessibility within the whole city.
- Efficient, good value for money, clean and safe
- Modern and efficient network (5 underground lines, 29 tram routes, 107 bus routes, 20 night buses)
- Short waiting times (at peak times between 3 and 5 minutes, in the evening between 5 and 15 minutes)
- Operating hours daily from approx. 05:00 to 00:30, night buses from approx. 00:30 to 05:00.
Wiener Linien, Vienna’s public transportation network operator, offers a special Congress Ticket for participants. This ticket gives holders unrestricted access to public transportation in Vienna for 3, 4, 5 or 6 days of the congress.
Congress tickets may be purchased from Wiener Linien’s online shop. Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, American Express) or PayPal may be used to purchase.
One airport transfer by CAT (single or return) may be added to each ticket.
Please click here to visit the Wiener Linien online shop.
- Unlimited pass for Wiener Linien public transportation network for the duration of the congress (Vienna zone)
- 10% discount on the regular ticket price
- Personalised printed ticket which can simply be printed out again if it is lost or stolen
- Mobile version for smartphones via the Wiener Linien app (registration on the Wiener Linien online shop required)
- Congress Ticket can be extended to include City Airport Train (CAT)