The International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE) created the Leadership Development Programme to support the preparation and advancement of young physician leaders. Scholarships are available to attend the next programme offered, 25th and 26th August 2018 in conjunction with the 13th European Congress on Epileptology.
Apply Early, Space is Limited!
The Leadership Development Programme is a unique and exclusive opportunity to receive leadership training and network with leaders from around the globe. For 2018, sessions have been tailored to meet with unique and practical needs of leaders in the ILAE Commission on European Affairs. Admission is limited to 30 candidates to allow for meaningful interactions and applied learning activities.
Session topics include: The Science of Communication, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution & Negotiation, Finance, Management Essentials, Assessing and Leveraging Your Leadership Style, Opportunities to Lead within ILAE, and more.
Awardees will be provided with:
- Admission to the 13th European Congress on Epileptology
- Admission to the invitation-only leadership programme, 25th and 26th August
- Lunch with ILAE Executive leaders and participation at the ILAE European Chapter Convention
- Certificate of completion
Bursaries will be available for a limited number of awardees based on financial need.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following items by 5th April 2018:
- Brief personal statement describing why you are interested in the program and how you would benefit from participation;
- Abbreviated CV; and
- Letter of support, preferably from an ILAE Chapter or Regional Commission leader.
All materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com as a .pdf file no later than 5th April 2018, and will be accepted on a rolling admissions basis.
Any current, active ILAE Member is welcome to apply. Strong preference will be given to young leaders. Please note, this programme seeks to support rising leaders contributing to ILAE, candidates should highlight their ILAE-related work and activities. While not required, preference may be granted to candidates also submitting abstracts to the congress.
Please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.